St. Bruno Catholic Church has been serving the Archer Heights community since 1925 when the Archdiocese of Chicago approved the purchase of land located on Harding Avenue between 48th and 49th Streets for a new parish.
Since a small group of laymen had the vision over 85 years ago to establish this parish, the cooperation and support of priests, religious and laity over the years has brought that vision to reality. We have been blessed with the leadership and guidance of eight pastors, many associate pastors, Sisters and lay people who have nurtured and enhanced our faith life, traditions and celebrations over the years.
Worship and ministry are a central focus for parishioners at St. Bruno. We are dedicated to making our worship life as meaningful as possible, celebrating the liturgy and ministering in English, Polish and Spanish.
St. Bruno Parish demonstrates its belief in the value of catholic education through its strong support of our parish school and participation in our Religious Education (CCD) Program. Our school was built in 1926 and the Felician Sisters taught in the school until the 1990's. Today, there is a dedicated staff of lay teachers who continue the fine traditions of catholic education.
The members of St. Bruno Parish are active in the community and the many parish organizations and ministries that are listed elsewhere on this web site. If you would like more information or are interested in joining our parish, please contact the rectory at 773-523-3467 and schedule an appointment to meet with one of our priests.
623 families and 1,306 people belong to St. Bruno Church
Percent of Parish Ethnic Population
- 30% English
- 50% Polish
- 20% Spanish
Other fact: October 2013 Weekend Mass Count - 1,036
St. Bruno school:
- 227 students